[j-nsp] BFD/IS-IS wait to re-establish adjacency after failure tweak knob?

Duane Grant duaneogrant at gmail.com
Fri May 20 13:35:56 EDT 2016

i agree that they could make it work, but it's a biggish change.  bfd is an
L3 protocol and below he's asking it to work at L2 and do neighbor
discovery.  the way bfd works now, the registering protocol does or
provides the neighbor discover part and tells bfd.  this infrastructure
isn't available for what Adam wants to do but i agree that it would be
useful and doable.

i would just love to be able to force protocol registration with bfd so i
can relax my protocol timers.