[j-nsp] RE-S-X6-64G-BB

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat May 21 17:02:20 EDT 2016

On 21/May/16 22:51, quinn snyder wrote:

> isnt the point of hypervisor on re/rp meant to support $os within vm?
> i know cisco is moving towards contaniers-in-vm for packaging inside of ncs6000 platform. i expect with hardware revisions -- other platforms with high-impact in core/edge applications will move this way as well.
>
> i imagine that its somewhat easier to concurrently run two instances of router code, then quiesce the memory/state between them rather than perform tedious state saving/manipulation in memory to support any semblance of issu on box (debates about issu notwithstanding).
>
> i'm not current in a lot of juniper roadmap -- so not sure if this is a possibility for future code on re.

Well, if VM's on the NCS and ASR9000 mean we can deploy IOS XR in one go
as opposed to the current debacle that is an IOS XR upgrade, I'm all for
that. Anything else, no thanks.

Junos upgrades in "one go" already, so I'm not complaining about that if
that is Juniper's use-case. That said, if that can be improved even
further, I'm game.

Mark.