[j-nsp] SRX 3400 maximum number of concurrent NAT sessions

Matt Bernstein mb+jnsp at bernstein.org.uk
Tue May 31 04:36:28 EDT 2016

On 31/05/2016 09:02, Adam Vitkovsky wrote:
> I’d like to confirm whether I’m looking at the right number.
> I’d like to understand the limitations of  a SRX3400 in terms of maximum number of concurrent NAT sessions.
>
> Datasheet lists:
> Maximum concurrent sessions 2.25 (3 million with Additional Extreme License).
I think the datasheets assume a full complement of SPCs--four in the
case of the SRX3400, which scales up to 3.5m sessions in theory (it's 1m
per SPC, but the first 0.5m are reserved for system overhead). Not sure
what else in the system caps it to 2.25m/3m, and I can't comment
specifically on NAT sessions, sorry.

Matt