[j-nsp] Independent /32s for Interfaces - anybody doing that?

v vekt0r7 at gmx.net
Tue May 31 07:12:38 EDT 2016

Hello,

I just read about using independent /32 addresses for interfaces and I would like to know whether anybody uses that. Found the following information about such a configuration:
-This means that there is no relation between the addresses on the two ends of an interface
-This relies on the IGP to provide this relationship
-This significantly reduces the burden of address management and synchronization
-Also, reconfiguration of topology is much easier

Are there more pros and cons than that?
Does anyone have experience with such a configuration?

Regards,