[j-nsp] MX80 stopped to respond SNMP queries

Caio caiot5 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:00:40 EST 2016

Hi all,

We are experiencing a strange behavior with one of our MX80 routers, it has
stopped to respond SNMP requests (snmpwalk or snmpbulkwalk).
I have tried to restart the snmp protocol and the mib-process but no luck,
it responds once and then it stops again. There's nothing on snmpd log or
anything like that.

The only way it was possible get some response from it was to set the
stats-cache-lifetime to 30 seconds.

Has anyone been through it ?
I've been through the Juniper SNMP Troubleshooting page but I've found
nothing about this issue.

Here's the config:
set snmp location SANDIEGO

set snmp contact "noc at be.it"

set snmp stats-cache-lifetime 30

set snmp community CLI_RO authorization read-only

set snmp community CLI_RO clients X.X.X.X/32

set snmp traceoptions flag all

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Caio