[j-nsp] EX4200 show chassis environment discrepancy

Wojciech Janiszewski wojciech.janiszewski at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 06:32:47 EST 2016

Hi Lucio,

I believe there is no discrepancy between outputs because they show
different things.
As far as I remember, the "Status" field of "show chassis environment
output" can be one of the following: ok, failed, check, testing, absent

In your case EX-PFE2 is OK, but it's just too hot.
I'd recommend to check air flow on site. It might be also useful to check
in the logs since when fans are spinning at a high speed and if there is no
indication of the faulty fan. Alarms related to the faulty fan might be set
and cleared periodically, so you may not see them in "show system alarms"
but they should be visible in the log.

Regards,
Wojciech