[j-nsp] Recommended firmware for QFX5100-48T

Paul S. contact at winterei.se
Mon Oct 10 10:34:27 EDT 2016

Hi folks,

Are everyone running the JTAC recommended 14.1X53-D35.3 or have you
found better stability at some newer revision?

My problem is that the "tri state" 10g ports (copper) don't seem to want
to run at anything less than 10g. It links up when connected to a 1g
device, but still claims that the port is operating in 10g mode.

The biggest issue I have is that if I assign a /30 to the p2p interfaces
(between the qfx and any copper 1g device), my p2p latency is somewhere
from 10 to 40ms.

I asked around to see if there's any way to force the ports into 1g
mode, but the "speed" knob is missing. I deliberately turned on
auto-negotiation, does not seem to help.

802.3ad LAGs created using any of these links also claim to have speeds
of 20g/40g when there's in reality only 4g of capacity.

Can someone hit me with a clue stick? Thanks!