[j-nsp] Suggestion for Junos Version MX104

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Oct 25 08:23:57 EDT 2016

On 25/Oct/16 14:16, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:

> We see significantly higher rpd CPU usage for a while after IPfix flow
> export is enabled. However, it seems to settle down to normal levels.

Yes, that's normally SRRD (Sampling Route-Record Daemon) starting up and
making sure all is well for the collection and export of the flows.

We've seen issues where SRRD can hang the box quite badly if a number of
BGP sessions are de-activated in one go (and vice versa). In such cases,
the only fix was to reboot the box. This was on the MX80.

SRRD seems reasonably fragile (and buggy), particularly in high
route-churn situations. You want to stay on top of it, i.e., fix bugs
when they are announced, e.t.c.

Otherwise, under normal conditions, exporting will be done inline, so it
won't touch the RE.

Mark.