[j-nsp] Very basic question about MPLS and RSVP's place in the design

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Oct 26 02:41:13 EDT 2016

On 26/Oct/16 02:34, Scott Granados wrote:

> Hi, this is a very basic question at least I think it is, apologies for being so green in advance.

If you are going to operate an MPLS network, it is very important that
you nail the basics down.

You can learn a lot from this list, but I'd emphasize that doing some
studying on your own will be even more helpful. I'd recommend the below:

    http://www.ciscopress.com/store/mpls-and-vpn-architectures-9781587050022

The book is old, but it covers the fundamentals pretty well.

If you're done with that and want to take things deeper, I'd recommend
Volume II of the same:

http://www.ciscopress.com/store/mpls-and-vpn-architectures-volume-ii-9781587051128

Anything beyond that will be gravy.

Mark.