[j-nsp] Soft removal of traffic from AE?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sat Oct 29 13:27:09 EDT 2016

On 29 October 2016 at 08:30,  <adamv0025 at netconsultings.com> wrote:
>> Question was not about outage, but operator removing link from an bundle.
>
> My understanding is that there is no difference and the same procedure is invoked during failure i.e. MAC_Operational=False.

It's not the same. Consider topology 'A-B'

a) if we have outage, we're losing frames, there is non zero time when
packets go to bit heaven
b) if A keeps port up, normally receives frames, stops sending frames,
then signals to B via LACP PDU to get rid of port, then B will receive
this PDU and remove port from bundle, and we've bidirectionally
gracefully removed the port, without losing single frame

However, as said before, just because we're not losing frames, does
not mean end user does not experience disruption

--
  ++ytti