[j-nsp] Soft removal of traffic from AE?

Raphael Mazelier raph at futomaki.net
Sat Oct 29 13:59:31 EDT 2016

On 29/10/2016 18:26, Roger Wiklund wrote:
> Hi
>
> The question is actually regarding maintenance.
>
> I have 40+ dual homed servers, and I need to upgrade the switches.
> It's not feasible to steer traffic away on each server, therefore I
> asked about what can be done on the switch itself.

In job-1 we have thousand of servers in this configuration. On Linux
server we just remove the interface from the bond before upgrading the
concerned switch, and re-add after. I didn't know if we loss frame or
packet, but from an end user point view it was transparent. Even if, TCP
will do his job, and on UDP based application there re-transmission or
control mechanism.
But if you cannot control the server side (this look strange by the way)
you can just go on, after all lacp goal is also to provide redundancy.

--
Raphael Mazelier