[j-nsp] Filter based forwarding for IPv6 with SRX

Jason Healy jhealy at logn.net
Fri Sep 16 20:59:30 EDT 2016

On Sep 15, 2016, at 10:19 AM, Mircho Mirchev <mircho at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has someone ever tried to do FBF for inet6 on SRX?

I don't have an SRX, but we do have a QFX5100.  We tried to set up IPv6 FBF and, although the configuration is accepted, it does not work.  We've raised this issue up the chain at Juniper and have essentially been told that the switch is working "as advertised" and that the "feature" is not present on this platform.

Of course, this wasn't noted in the documentation, isn't prevented from the configuration, and we were sold the QFX to overcome IPv6 issues we'd had on the EX4500.  So that meant a lot of wasted time and frustration for us when we hit this issue.

If the SRX is anything like the QFX, then you are likely out of luck.

Jason