[j-nsp] l2circuit/xconnect between MX104 and a ME3600X

Caio caiot5 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 10:06:11 EDT 2016

Hi James,

Here's the configuration:
Juniper side:

set interfaces ge-0/0/0 mtu 1600
set interfaces ge-0/0/0 encapsulation ethernet-ccc
set interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0
set protocols l2circuit neighbor XX.XX.XX.XX interface ge-0/0/0.0
virtual-circuit-id 2
set protocols l2circuit neighbor XX.XX.XX.XX interface ge-0/0/0.0
control-word
set protocols l2circuit neighbor XX.XX.XX.XX interface ge-0/0/0.0 mtu 1600
set protocols l2circuit neighbor XX.XX.XX.XX interface ge-0/0/0.0
pseudowire-status-tlv
set protocols ldp interface xe-2/0/1.1 transport-address router-id
set protocols mpls interface xe-2/0/1.1
set protocols ldp egress-policy connected
set protocols ldp deaggregate
set protocols ldp interface lo0.0 transport-address interface
set interfaces lo0 unit 0 family inet address YY.YY.YY.YY/32

Cisco side:

pseudowire-class eompls
 encapsulation mpls
 control-word

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 no switchport
 mtu 1600
 no ip address
 xconnect YY.YY.YY.YY 2 encapsulation mpls pw-class eompls

mpls ldp router-id Loopback0 force

interface Loopback0
 ip address XX.XX.XX.XX 255.255.255.255

And here's the output you requested from the cisco device:

#show xconnect interface Gi0/1 detail
Legend:    XC ST=Xconnect State  S1=Segment1 State  S2=Segment2 State
  UP=Up       DN=Down            AD=Admin Down      IA=Inactive
  SB=Standby  HS=Hot Standby     RV=Recovering      NH=No Hardware

XC ST  Segment 1                         S1 Segment 2
  S2
------+---------------------------------+--+---------------------------------+--
AD pri   ac Gi0/1:55(Ethernet)           AD mpls YY.YY.YY.YY:2
 DN
            Interworking: none                   Local VC label unassigned

                                                 Remote VC label 300192

                                                 pw-class: eompls

#show mpls l2transport vc 2 detail
Local interface: Gi0/1 admin down, line protocol down, Ethernet admin down
  Destination address: YY.YY.YY.YY, VC ID: 2, VC status: admin down
    Last error: Local access circuit is not ready for label advertise
    Output interface: none, imposed label stack {}
    Preferred path: not configured
    Default path: no route
    No adjacency
  Create time: 01:07:10, last status change time: 00:38:27
    Last label FSM state change time: 00:35:04
  Signaling protocol: LDP, peer YY.YY.YY.YY:0 up
    Targeted Hello: XX.XX.XX.XX(LDP Id) -> YY.YY.YY.YY, LDP is UP
    Graceful restart: not configured and not enabled
    Non stop routing: configured and not enabled
    Status TLV support (local/remote)   : enabled/not supported
      LDP route watch                   : enabled
      Label/status state machine        : remote ready, LndRru
      Last local dataplane   status rcvd: No fault
      Last BFD dataplane     status rcvd: Not sent
      Last BFD peer monitor  status rcvd: No fault
      Last local AC  circuit status rcvd: DOWN(hard-down)
      Last local AC  circuit status sent: No fault
      Last local PW i/f circ status rcvd: No fault
      Last local LDP TLV     status sent: DOWN AC(rx/tx faults),
(pw-tx-fault) (withdrawn)
      Last remote LDP TLV    status rcvd: Not sent
      Last remote LDP ADJ    status rcvd: No fault
    MPLS VC labels: local unassigned, remote 300192
    Group ID: local unknown, remote 0
    MTU: local unknown, remote 1600
    Remote interface description:
  Sequencing: receive disabled, send disabled
  Control Word: Off
  Dataplane:
    SSM segment/switch IDs: 0/8124 (used), PWID: 1
  VC statistics:
    transit packet totals: receive 0, send 0
    transit byte totals:   receive 0, send 0
    transit packet drops:  receive 0, seq error 0, send 0

#show mpls l2transport binding 2
  Destination Address: YY.YY.YY.YY,VC ID: 2
    Local Label:  unassigned.
    Remote Label: 300192
        Cbit: 0,    VC Type: Ethernet,    GroupID: 0
        MTU: 1600,   Interface Desc: n/a
        VCCV: CC Type: RA [2], TTL [3]
              CV Type: LSPV [2], BFD/UDP [3]

#show mpls forwarding-table labels 18 detail
Local      Outgoing   Prefix           Bytes Label   Outgoing   Next Hop
Label      Label      or Tunnel Id     Switched      interface