[j-nsp] Match multiple bgp communities in a policy with AND condition

Michael Still stillwaxin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 12:17:38 EDT 2017

FYI I made a Juniper SE submit an ER to implement this kind of
functionality (plus some more community stuff). What I asked for
related to this case was to be able to add this `logical-operation
or|and|xor|not` to the end of a policy match community statement. I'll
see if I can find the ER info if you'd like to pressure Juniper to do
this as well. Currently I'm not sure its even been accepted to
development queue.

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 7:04 AM, "Rolf Hanßen" <nsp at rhanssen.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to match 2 named communities in a policy and I am interested how
> you solve such things.
>
> policy-options {
>         policy-statement xy {
>                 from {
>                         community [a b];
>                 }
>         }
>         community a members 123:1;
>         community b members 123:2;
> }
>
> This matches in case one of the communities is set (typical Juniper OR
> condition).
>
> Is there a way to match "one" AND "two"?
> I would like to avoid creating a third community with both members set
> because in case of many combinations this does not scale well.
>
> Is there maybe even a way to combine both like "a and (b or c)"?
>
> Kind regards
> Rolf

[stillwaxin at gmail.com ~]$ cat .signature
cat: .signature: No such file or directory
[stillwaxin at gmail.com ~]$