[j-nsp] Match multiple bgp communities in a policy with AND condition

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Apr 7 04:38:20 EDT 2017

On 6 April 2017 at 19:17, Michael Still <stillwaxin at gmail.com> wrote:

Hey,

> FYI I made a Juniper SE submit an ER to implement this kind of
> functionality (plus some more community stuff). What I asked for
> related to this case was to be able to add this `logical-operation
> or|and|xor|not` to the end of a policy match community statement. I'll
> see if I can find the ER info if you'd like to pressure Juniper to do
> this as well. Currently I'm not sure its even been accepted to
> development queue.

Why do vendors insist on trying to solve complex cases in their own
policy. Why not just give us ability to run lua, mruby, python or
something, pass us prefix object, and us do arbitrarily complex stuff
to it.
policy-statements/route-maps are fine for simple stuff, but create
unnecessarily difficult to maintain configs for complex cases.

Please start adding this to RFPs, I know I'm not alone here.

--
  ++ytti