[j-nsp] bgp peer flapping

Sebastian Wiesinger sebastian at karotte.org
Wed Apr 26 12:01:32 EDT 2017

* james list <jameslist72 at gmail.com> [2017-04-26 17:55]:
> Dear all
> I’ve a question: is it correct from your point of view that if I change the
> BGP group name on my MX the BGP peer inside the group goes to flap ?

Yes that is "correct" for JunOS AFAIK. I think the reason was that the
data structures for the group get reinitialized as the system cannot
determine for sure if you're just renaming a group or deleting one and
adding another one (it's just a diff).

Regards

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant