[j-nsp] vlan-ccc between ACX5048 and EX4500

Jay Hanke jayhanke at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 02:50:44 EDT 2017

I'm having an issue where I'm unable to pass traffic through a
vlan-ccc between an ACX5048 and an EX4500. Other circuits on same
boxes are working fine. The other circuits are ACX to ACX and EX to
EX.

PE1 (ex4500)

l2circuit {
    neighbor 10.200.xx.xy {
        interface xe-0/0/1.517 {
            virtual-circuit-id 10000171;
            mtu 9000;
            encapsulation-type ethernet-vlan;
        }
    }
}

xe-0/0/1 {
    vlan-tagging;
    mtu 9216;
    encapsulation vlan-ccc;
    unit 517 {
        encapsulation vlan-ccc;
        vlan-id 517;
    }
}

PE2 (ACX5048):

l2circuit {
    neighbor 10.200.xx.xx {
        interface xe-0/0/46.517 {
            virtual-circuit-id 10000171;
            mtu 9000;
            encapsulation-type ethernet-vlan;
        }
    }
}

xe-0/0/46 {

    vlan-tagging;
    mtu 9216;
    encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;

    unit 517 {
        encapsulation vlan-ccc;
        vlan-id 517;
    }
}

I'm learning mac-addresses through the link on the PE2 side.

The interface connected on the PE1 side doesn't learn anything.

show l2circuit con shows the PW up on both PE devices.

I've reloaded software on the EX4500 with the same result. There is
one P router between the PE devices.

All my existing PW are between EX4500 or between ACX. We don't have
any working between systems with different models acting as PE
devices. But quite a few working where PE devices are the same type.

Any ideas?

Jay