[j-nsp] QFX5100 ACLs

Brendan Mannella bmannella at teraswitch.com
Mon Dec 4 11:02:59 EST 2017

Hello,

So i have been testing QFX5100 product for use as a core L3 switch/router
with BGP/OSPF. I have my standard RE filter blocking various things
including BGP from any unknown peer. I started to receive errors in my logs
showing BGP packets getting through from hosts that weren't allowed. After
digging around i found that Juniper apparently has built in ACL to allow
BGP, which bypasses my ACLs, probably for VCF or something.. Is there any
way to disable this behavior or does anyone have any other suggestions?

root at XXX% cprod -A fpc0 -c "show filter hw dynamic 47 show_terms"

Filter name          : dyn-bgp-pkts
Filter enum          : 47
Filter location      : IFP