[j-nsp] What is your experience with the EX2200

Wojciech Owczarek wojciech at owczarek.co.uk
Fri Dec 8 16:24:23 EST 2017

As some have said, EX2300 is the current platform. I am using EX2200C. Pretty much the only feature wise decent cheap(ish) fanless switch in existence if you ask me. As a L2 switch, no issues, POE works fine. No BGP support, because please buy a higher model, but other than that, OSPF, PIM, routing instances, fw filters, IPv6, VRRP, GRE tunnels, all working fine. GRE broken in routing instances though on latest JunOS for it. This is as far as I've gone with protocol support. Solid box. Feels no different to 3200/4200 bar spec and features obviously. Did not check dot1x or DHCP helpers which may be of use for branch or campus.

Thanks,
Wojciech