[j-nsp] Subscriber Management with RADIUS authentication question

Alex D. listensammler at gmx.de
Thu Dec 21 10:42:30 EST 2017

> Hello Alex,
>
> You use the delete-binding-on-renegotiation statement to override the default action, and to specify that DHCP tear down the existing matching client entry and to process the message as a new client entry.
>
> https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/configuration-statement/delete-binding-on-renegotiation-edit-dhcp.html

Thanks for your hint. I did *not* set this option in my dhcp-relay
override settings. After configuring delete-binding-on-renegotiation, it
works as expected.
But curious is the following fact:
- renegotiation in master routing instance doesn't work without
configuring under [edit forwarding-options dhcp-relay overrides]
- renogiation in VRF works out of the box without configuring under
[edit routing-instances routing-instance-name forwarding-options
dhcp-relay overrides]
All dhcp-relay configuration was the same in master routing-instance
just like in specific routing-instances...

Do you know, if there's a difference in default behaviour between master
and specific routing-instances ?

Regards
Alex