[j-nsp] Juniper vMX

Mike Williams mike.williams at comodo.com
Wed Jan 25 08:13:42 EST 2017

Hi all,

We're just now looking at a similar requirement to Alex, and was wondering
what the current thoughts are on vMX.

Perhaps 2 or 3 Gbps, several full BGP views, maybe quite a lot of flowspec
routes (100s possibly), various filter-based-forwarding, a logical system or
two, and under 15 gigE ports (we'd use KVM and PCI passthrough).

Junipers MX line lacks the routing-engine horsepower at the throughput scale
we're expecting.
If the MX104 had better routing engines maybe things would be different.

Many thanks.