[j-nsp] EX4550: storm-control on commit

Jeff Meyers Jeff.Meyers at gmx.net
Thu Jan 26 05:56:22 EST 2017

Hello everybody,

we are having a kind of strange haviour here. It's not really an issue
but at least a curiousity. On a couple of EX4550 in VC we have
storm-control enabled. This works fine so far. But on every commit, we
see a "storm-control in effect" message in our logs:

Jan 26 11:50:45  cs0 eswd[1298]: ESWD_ST_CTL_ERROR_IN_EFFECT: ae2.0:
storm control in effect on the port
Jan 26 11:51:47  cs0 eswd[1298]: ESWD_ST_CTL_ERROR_IN_EFFECT: ae2.0:
storm control in effect on the port

I wonder where this comes from. I doubt that this is real since most
commits only contain a vlan configuration change for some ports but no
major adjustments. Maybe someone can bring some light in this.

Thanks!