[j-nsp] R: EX4550: storm-control on commit

Valentini, Lucio Lucio.Valentini at siag.it
Fri Jan 27 08:09:47 EST 2017

Hi there,

I also have 2 x EX4550 in VC with storm-control enabled, but it never happens to me to get that message on commit;

I have this configuration for storm-control:

set ethernet-switching-options storm-control interface all

I am wondering what is your configuration for the ae2.0 interface: can you check that ? which physical interfaces are on ae2 ? what are their configurations? Maybe there is a loop somewhere in between those.

Also, can you check your log messages ? if you do a "help syslog ESWD_ST_CTL_ERROR_IN_EFFECT" it tells you:

Name:          ESWD_ST_CTL_ERROR_IN_EFFECT
Message:       <interface-name>: storm control in effect on the port
Help:          Storm control error in effect an interface
               detected.
Type:          Error: An error occurred
Severity:      alert
Facility:      LOG_DAEMON