[j-nsp] BGP add-path on QFX

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Fri Jan 27 09:02:09 EST 2017

Hey!

I am using some QFX as route reflectors and would like to use BGP
add-path feature. The documentation says that QFX is a supported
platform[0] while the feature explorer says no QFX has support for
that[1].

[0]: http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos16.1/topics/example/bgp-add-path.html
[1]: https://pathfinder.juniper.net/feature-explorer/feature-info.html?fKey=3294&fn=For+internal+BGP+(IBGP),+advertise+multiple+paths+to+a+destination

I have upgraded some QFX to 16.1R3 but there is no difference with
14.1X53-D40: add-path is an hidden command and only "receive" is
available ("send" is not accepted):

  set protocols bgp group batman family inet unicast add-path send ...

I have also tried on MX104 running 14.1R8. Feature explorer says this
should be supported since 13.2R2. But I am in the exact same situation:
add-path is a hidden command and only "receive" is available.

I wonder if I am not missing something obvious. Any tip would be
appreciated!
--
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
		-- Mark Twain