[j-nsp] BGP add-path on QFX

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Fri Jan 27 09:17:03 EST 2017

Hi Vincent,

> Vincent Bernat
> Sent: Friday, January 27, 2017 2:02 PM
>
> Hey!
>
> I am using some QFX as route reflectors and would like to use BGP add-path
> feature. The documentation says that QFX is a supported platform[0] while
> the feature explorer says no QFX has support for that[1].
>
> [0]:
> http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos16.1/topics/example/bgp-
> add-path.html
> [1]: https://pathfinder.juniper.net/feature-explorer/feature-
> info.html?fKey=3294&fn=For+internal+BGP+(IBGP),+advertise+multiple+pat
> hs+to+a+destination
>
> I have upgraded some QFX to 16.1R3 but there is no difference with
> 14.1X53-D40: add-path is an hidden command and only "receive" is available
> ("send" is not accepted):
>
>   set protocols bgp group batman family inet unicast add-path send ...
>
> I have also tried on MX104 running 14.1R8. Feature explorer says this
should
> be supported since 13.2R2. But I am in the exact same situation:
> add-path is a hidden command and only "receive" is available.

Is the RR use in MPLS-VPNs environment or just pure L3-IPv4/6 environment?
If it's MPLS-VPNs environment, then you don't need add-path.

Also if ORR is supported on QFX by any chance you might want to try that
instead of add-path.
Does it take the below?
set protocols bgp group batman optimal-route-reflection

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::