[j-nsp] BGP add-path on QFX

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Mon Jan 30 05:45:18 EST 2017

 ❦ 27 janvier 2017 20:08 +0300, Alexandre Snarskii <snar at snar.spb.ru> :

>> > No ideas on what can be wrong with your configuration :(
>> > We run add-path on most MXes without any problems. Just tried with QFX
>> > (not running bgp actually), add-path command is not hidden for me and commit
>> > check succeeds:
>>
>> Thanks for checking, that's helpful!
>>
>> In fact, I am using routing instances. Like you, I can get add-path
>> send/receive outside a routing instance, but inside, add-path is
>> hidden. I assumed this was independent of the routing instance
>> (configured type virtual-router), so I didn't bother to check that.
>>
>> Does "set routing-instances rr1 protocols bgp group apath family inet
>> unicast add-path ..." complete for you?
>
> Looks like routing-instances is the difference. Within routing-instance
> add-path does not complete for me too, neither on QFX nor on MX.

So, I am trying to not use routing instances. Is there a way to tell a
BGP group to use a different primary RIB than inet.0 (for family inet
unicast)? There is the rib-group directive but it enforces that the
first member of the rib-group to be the primary RIB.

There is also "topology", but the documentation says that routes are
still placed in the default RIB.
--
Make sure special cases are truly special.