[j-nsp] Comparison strangeness with annotations

Phil Shafer phil at juniper.net
Tue Jul 4 18:18:32 EDT 2017

Per Westerlund writes:
>Sorry about not providing version information. I have now verified this
>on a few more systems (below) and repose my question about the
>difference between operational and configuration mode: bug or feature?

Bug:

[edit]
user at cli# annotate system "one"

[edit]
user at cli# commit
commit complete

[edit]
user at cli# show | compare rollback 1
[edit]
+  /* one */
   system { ... }

[edit]
user at cli# quit
Exiting configuration mode

user at cli> show system rollback compare 0 1
[edit]
   system { ... }

Not sure why "show system rollback" is turning off the "compare
comments" flag, but, well, it is.  Please have your AM open a PR
on this, or let me know and I'll open one directly.

FWIW: "show configuration" gets this right:

user at cli> show configuration | compare rollback 1
[edit]
+  /* one */
   system { ... }

Thanks,