[j-nsp] Comparison strangeness with annotations

Per Westerlund p1 at westerlund.se
Tue Jul 4 13:58:51 EDT 2017

Sorry about not providing version information. I have now verified this
on a few more systems (below) and repose my question about the
difference between operational and configuration mode: bug or feature?

/Per

Example 1:

perw at srx4# show | compare rollback 1
[edit routing-options static]
+    /* Test of annotate 1 */
      route 192.168.52.0/24 { ... }

[edit]
perw at srx4# quit
Exiting configuration mode

perw at srx4> show system rollback compare 1 0
[edit routing-options static]
      route 192.168.52.0/24 { ... }

perw at srx4> show version
Hostname: srx4
Model: srx100b
JUNOS Software Release [12.1X45-D10]

Example 2:

{primary:node0}
admin at 514a-lab> show version
node0:
Hostname: 514a-lab
Model: firefly-perimeter
JUNOS Software Release [12.1X47-D40.1]

{primary:node0}
admin at 514a-lab> show system rollback compare 1 0
[edit interfaces lo0 unit 1 family inet]
         address 10.170.20.46/32 { ... }

{primary:node0}
admin at 514a-lab> configure
warning: Clustering enabled; using private edit
warning: uncommitted changes will be discarded on exit
Entering configuration mode

{primary:node0}[edit]
admin at 514a-lab# show | compare rollback 1
[edit interfaces lo0 unit 1 family inet]
+       /* Annotation visibility test */
         address 10.170.20.46/32 { ... }

Example 3:

{primary:node0}
admin at 10a-lab> show version
node0:
Hostname: 10a-lab
Model: srx5800
JUNOS Software Release [12.3X48-D45.6]

node1:
Hostname: 10b-lab
Model: srx5800
JUNOS Software Release [12.3X48-D45.6]

{primary:node0}
admin at 10a-lab> show system rollback compare 1 0
[edit routing-options static]
      route 0.0.0.0/0 { ... }

{primary:node0}
admin at 10a-lab> configure
warning: Clustering enabled; using private edit
warning: uncommitted changes will be discarded on exit
Entering configuration mode

{primary:node0}[edit]
admin at 10a-lab# show | compare rollback 1
[edit routing-options static]
+    /* Annotation test */
      route 0.0.0.0/0 { ... }