[j-nsp] MC-LAG on QFX5100

Jackson, William william.jackson at gibtele.com
Mon Jul 10 15:20:53 EDT 2017

We are running VRRP in all VLANS that require L3.
We also have the static ARP entries setup so they can ping between peers.
We have floating static routes so that if a MC-LAG peer loses its upstream routing, it will forward all traffic to the other MC-LAG peer over the ICL.
**if we don’t do this it black holes all traffic that hits it, bearing in mind that in active/active both peers process traffic.

Thus, what we are seeing is that when traffic comes in from the upstream link, if it goes downstream on the same node it works
, if it needs to traverse the ICL to use the downlink on the peer it fails.

But not in all the vlans on the downstream MC-AE interface.
On some it works and others it doesn’t, very inconsistent.

TAC want to create a PR.

I must say I’m quite surprised with the number of people whom have responded that they have problems with MC-LAG though, would have thought it would have been a mature technology by now.