[j-nsp] EX4550 - changing DSCP

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Jun 15 02:00:31 EDT 2017

On 6/14/17 10:25 PM, Aaron Gould wrote:

> Thanks Duane, I only have whatever is default for rewrite.  I haven’t change anything with that.
>

> Can I rewrite on ingress ? …or must rewreite happen only on egress?

Remarking on ingress has not traditionally been supported by Juniper on
most of their platforms. Juniper's general approach was to remark on
egress (which is upside-down, if you ask me).

Remarking on ingress first appeared in a limited fashion on the DPC's.
It got better with the Trio, but then really took off when Juniper
implemented the Policy Map feature (something I can say I'm really proud
to have helped them build).

The only other platform that supports ingress remarking is the IQ2 PIC's
on the M320/T320. Not sure what the state of that is, though - haven't
touched that platform since 2012.

The EX switches (and really, anything that isn't Trio or IQ2) inherits
Juniper's traditional remarking logic.

Mark.