[j-nsp] cheapest juniper router capable of lsys

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Wed Jun 28 02:05:39 EDT 2017

 ❦ 27 juin 2017 22:40 -0700, Chris Burton <chris.burton at speakeasy.net> :

> Also, if you use KVM and linux bridge you can bypass the issues with
> the bridges not forwarding LLDP and LACP traffic, but you have to
> willing to dive into modifying certain parts of the virtual bridge
> network drivers and compile your own custom kernel, as by standards
> bridges are not supposed to forward the traffic related to LCAP and
> LLDP.  I have also heard that this can be bypassed by using Open
> vSwitch, but I have not tested that.  The only items I have not yet
> been able to get working are related to Ethernet OAM, but so far
> everything else I have tested has worked either directly or with some
> modification.

On Linux, you can tell the bridge to let LLDP and LACP traffic without
recompiling. This is done by altering the value of
/sys/class/net/brXX/bridge/group_fwd_mask. To let LLDP pass, you need to
put 0x4000 in it. For LACP, this is 0x4. So 0x4004 should let both of
them pass the bridge.
--
Don't stop at one bug.