[j-nsp] small service provider j router

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Tue Mar 7 03:43:27 EST 2017

> mike+jnsp at willitsonline.com
> Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 12:41 AM
>
> Hello,
>

>      I am a small service provider and today I am largely in the cisco
world. I
> have been feeling robbed over the cost of 10G ports and features like MPLS
> however and have been eyeing juniper for some time now as a possible
> answer.

I hear people complaining about the price difference between cisco and
juniper, I can only talk about the SP domain, but what I noticed is that
engineers don't realize that there's a reason for the price difference.
Or do you really believe juniper can deliver the same performance and
functionality or do as much R&D as cisco but do it cheaper? Well no, while
pushing down the price they had to do some architectural sacrifices.
But for most folks, smaller shops especially, it doesn't matter what's the
pps budget per 10GE on a given forwarding processor or what protections you
get if the forwarding processor is running out of steam due to a DDoS.

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::