[j-nsp] QFX 5100 uRPF

Brian Rak brak at gameservers.com
Wed Mar 8 12:38:52 EST 2017

Is anyone successfully using rpf-check on QFX5100's?

I'm getting some really weird behavior.. If I enable uRPF, then disable
it again, the device still appears to continue to enforce it. (Spoofed
packets continue to be blocked).  I have to restart the device in order
to fully remove RPF.

Also, whenever I enable rpf-check, a whole bunch of legitimate traffic
starts getting dropped.  My guess is that this is related to the device
having redundant uplinks, and an ECMP default route.  I can't really
confirm this though, since RPF troubleshooting seems non-existent.

Is attempting to use RPF here a mistake?  I'd really prefer not to have
to implement per-port ACLs.  We're on 16.1 currently, I'll probably try
upgrading once JTAC fixes my account.