[j-nsp] BGP4-MIB-v2

Jeff Haas jhaas at juniper.net
Mon Mar 27 17:15:43 EDT 2017

> On Mar 27, 2017, at 3:03 PM, Vincent Bernat <bernat at luffy.cx> wrote:
>
> ❦ 27 mars 2017 19:26 GMT, Jeff Haas <jhaas at juniper.net> :
>
>> To your relevant next point: If the junos mib is in error, what to do about it?
>>
>> Very likely fixing the issue will cause mass amounts of unhappiness as
>> people's existing scripts and mib walking code fails due to the new
>> sub-indices.
>>
>> do the right thing, create misery? Leave it as is, document that it's
>> wrong?
>
> I totally understand it's not possible to just fix the issue. Your best
> bet is to convert the draft into a RFC and fix the issue here! ;-)

After checking with Jürgen about RFC 4001 encoding (no better answer!) he confirms that we're missing the variable length length field in our generated OIDs.

I'll make a point of filing a PR on this.  As noted elsewhere in thread, solving it might be ... interesting.

-- Jeff (trivial diff that will generate so much hate mail...)