[j-nsp] Using IPv4/IPv6 combined filter/policy with layer4 filtering

Alexander Arseniev arseniev at btinternet.com
Fri May 5 05:40:44 EDT 2017

Hi,
With just 2 classes (NTP and else) and 1 policer action (if-exceeding
discard) - yes, correct.
But generally speaking, if You have >2 classes with different kinds of
policing (i.e. classA policer "if-exceeding discard", classB policer
"if-exceeding remark", classC policer "if-exceeding remark" + aggregate
policer "if-exceeding discard") You'd want to avoid AGG policer acting
on traffic conforming with other policers and that's where FC
remark/hierarchical policer is needed.
HTH
Thx
Alex