[j-nsp] Reset DSCP on ingress (again)

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+j-nsp at gmail.com
Mon May 29 01:21:27 EDT 2017

Hi Victor,

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 3:12 PM, Victor Sudakov <vas at mpeks.tomsk.su> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Sorry for repeating the question.
>
> What is the easiest method of resetting the dscp value in incoming
> packets when the incoming port is configured for "family
ethernet-switching"?

> If the port were in "family inet", I would use the firewall, but the
> "family ethernet-switching" firewall does not seem to have a means to
> set dscp.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> The device is EX4200-24T, 12.3R6.6
>
> --
> Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
> AS43859

Ingress DSCP marking isn't supported on EX4200.

You need to classify (into a FC) on ingress, and rewrite on egress. You can
use a simple fixed classifier on ingress but packet marking/rewrite is only
performed on egress.

Example of a fixed classifier:

# set class-of-service interfaces ge-0/1/0 unit 0 forwarding-class
best-effort

Cheers,
Dale