[j-nsp] BGP question (Default action if no protocol specified)

craig washington craigwashington01 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 7 16:25:11 EST 2017

All,

I was working a lab and noticed that if I didn't specify a protocol on an IBGP redistribution it basically sends everything you have? Direct, local, Agg or whatever. I am assuming this is working as designed b/c once I specified a protocol all of the routes disappeared.

For example I had this configured for my IBGP redistribution and once I applied it it started advertising everything I had in the routing table.

set policy-options policy-statement TEST term STUFF from neighbor 192.168.34.4
set policy-options policy-statement TEST term STUFF then origin egp
set policy-options policy-statement TEST term STUFF then next-hop self
set policy-options policy-statement TEST term STUFF then accept
set policy-options policy-statement TEST term DEFAULT then reject

So does this say "from any protocol and from neighbor 192.168.34.4" then perform those actions?
I guess the confusing part is the routes that were advertised weren't associated with that neighbor

thanks