[j-nsp] Enhanced MX480 Midplane?

Sebastian Becker sb at lab.dtag.de
Tue Nov 14 07:27:19 EST 2017

The enhanced midplane allows you already to use higher bandwidth with redundancy at least on the MX960. 205G per slot (not enhanced) against 240G per slot (enhanced) So if you want to use a MPC5E-100G10G and populate every port (2x100G plus 4x10G) you need the enhanced midplane and the SCBE2. Same for the MPC5E-40G10G and the Q-Versions of these cards. Otherwise you overbook the midplane.

—
Sebastian Becker