[j-nsp] Enhanced MX480 Midplane?

Tobias Heister lists at tobias-heister.de
Tue Nov 14 17:35:37 EST 2017

Hi,

Am 14.11.2017 um 13:27 schrieb Sebastian Becker:
> The enhanced midplane allows you already to use higher bandwidth with redundancy at least on the MX960. 205G per slot (not > enhanced) against 240G per slot (enhanced) So if you want to use a MPC5E-100G10G and populate every port (2x100G plus 4x10G) > you need the enhanced midplane and the SCBE2. Same for the MPC5E-40G10G and the Q-Versions of these cards. Otherwise you > overbook the midplane.

Funny enough the MPC7 has no reduced Bandwidth with the non enhanced Midplane, so for now only MPC4/5 suffer from that old midplane. I always wondered why that is the case. Might be a combination of PFE/Trio Generation and frequency/speed per Serdes to Fabric connectivity. If somebody knows the details i am eager to know.

We will see what SCBE3 might bring there (other than allowing us to run MPC7 at full speed with redundancy and pave the way for future MPC)

--
Kind Regards
Tobias Heister