[j-nsp] Enhanced MX480 Midplane?

Sebastian Becker sb at lab.dtag.de
Wed Nov 15 03:13:30 EST 2017

Hi Tobias,

that’s not right. You need to differ between redundancy and non-redundancy-mode:

With Fabric Redundancy in MX960 (SCBEs: 2 active, 1 spare):

Premium2 Chassis (non-enhanced midplane):
MPC5E		205G
MPC7E		400G

Premium3 Chassis (enhanced midplane):
MPC5E		240G
MPC7E		480G

In the non-redundant mode (so all three SCBEs are online and active) you will not suffer from any limitation as long as all three are online. But if one dies you will have the limitations in a Premium2 chassis. So it depends on the model you want to use. We need a full redundant switching fabric so we have to calculate with these limitations.

—
Sebastian Becker