[j-nsp] Enhanced MX480 Midplane?

Tobias Heister lists at tobias-heister.de
Wed Nov 15 10:07:31 EST 2017

Hi,

Am 15.11.2017 um 09:13 schrieb Sebastian Becker:
> that’s not right. You need to differ between redundancy and non-redundancy-mode:
>
> With Fabric Redundancy in MX960 (SCBEs: 2 active, 1 spare):
>
> Premium2 Chassis (non-enhanced midplane):
> MPC5E205G
> MPC7E400G
>
> Premium3 Chassis (enhanced midplane):
> MPC5E240G
> MPC7E480G
>
> In the non-redundant mode (so all three SCBEs are online and active) you will not suffer from any limitation as long as all three are online. But if one dies you will have the limitations in a Premium2 chassis. So it depends on the model you want to use. We need a full redundant switching fabric so we have to calculate with these limitations.

At least according to my information there is no difference in enhanced/non enhanced for MPC7 on SCBE2 in any MX.
There is no way to get full 480G with 2+1 with SCBE2. You can get 480 in 3+0 mode. (both on MX960)

The first SCB* with 2+1 and Linerate for MPC7 will be SCBE3.

But hey, your version would make more sense but all my documents and information since the release of MPC7 say otherwise.
On the other hand there are not many customers in DE who would/should know better :)

--
Kind Regards
Tobias Heister