[j-nsp] MACsec over a service provider

Alex K. nsp.lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 18:20:55 EST 2017

Yes,

But unfortunately (as far as j-nsp is considered), using Ciscos' gear.

Cisco has a special flavor of MACSec, intended to address that issue
exactly - they call it WAN MACSes. We was able to use across many different
SP circuits. As long as you have pure p2p links (real or stimulated), you
should be fine. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any similar Juniper
technique.

Best regards,
Alex.

בתאריך 27 באוק' 2017 5:23 PM,‏ "Chuck Anderson" <cra at wpi.edu> כתב:

Has anyone been able to run MACsec over a service provider's Ethernet
Private Line (or even just a 802.1q vlan)?  I'm looking at using 10gig
ports on the EX4300 or the EX4600/QFX5100-24Q with the MACsec uplink
module.