[j-nsp] logical system in production - MX960

Pavel Lunin plunin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 08:55:04 EDT 2017

Strongly agree with Ytti. Most LSYS deployments I've seen were really
"deploy an LSYS to deploy an LSYS" kind of of thing.

Some more or less viable use-case I know is BGP scaling: dedicated rpd in
an LSYS for an off-path RR. It creates a dedicated 32-bit rpd, which can
consume another 4GB of RAM. But nowadays, with all the kinds of VM-based
routers/RRs, 64-bit rpd, node slicing and stuff, this approach looks to be
obsolete.