[j-nsp] logical system in production - MX960

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Wed Oct 4 07:41:24 EDT 2017

> Of Saku Ytti
> Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 9:26 AM
>
> Since node slicing, I think logical-systems are rather useless.
>
> https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/nod
> e-slicing-overview.html

True that,
Though it will take couple years till the whole circus becomes production
ready, I very much welcome this external CP approach especially for big
chassis like MX960 where these could become full with just couple of FPCs
installed in the box just because CP can't cope with the combination of BGP
sessions, VRFs and prefixes (sad story).

adam