[j-nsp] EVPN + QinQ, individual bridge-domains for CVID's

Andrew Thrift andrew at networklabs.co.nz
Mon Oct 23 23:33:28 EDT 2017

Hello All,

I have been working on a scenario that I have not been able to solve.

I have an ae interface that has multiple QinQ services coming in, some
of these are terminating into l2circuits(CCC) and others are
terminating into EVPN routing instances.

So far with EVPN I have only been dealing with L2 transport,
effectively bridging the outer tag to an EVPN routing-instance, which
happily transports all the inner tags across the EVPN transport to the
other PE routers.

What I am now trying to achieve is to terminate some of the inner-tags
(CVID's) to IRB instances.

I started by trying to split the inner-cvid's into their own
bridge-domains, but JunOS seems to not like mapping inner-vlan's into
bridge-domains with EVPN instances.

Has anyone else managed to terminate inner tags in an EVPN instance
into separate bridge domains?  Or is this just an unsupported
configuration ?

Regards,

Andrew