[j-nsp] Standard practice for customer eBGP peering traffic engineer

craig washington craigwashington01 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 25 23:07:29 EDT 2017

Hello,

wondering best practice for customer eBGP traffic engineering.

We currently use local preference and let the customer send us a community to adjust but I had a call with a customer today and they mentioned a provider letting them send a community to have the providers AS prepended on their route? Is this possible? Won't that cause a loop inside of the provider once the other IBGP routers see their own AS number?

If this is done is there a good workaround in juniper or some good documentation to get it to work or should we just let the customer send us prepends using their own AS number.

thanks