[j-nsp] MX Forwarding Scale/Monitoring

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Tue Sep 5 12:29:05 EDT 2017

The memory is dynamic and can be allocated as needed. I think the key is that NH is limited to a maximum of 11 double mega words. What matters is overall utilization, and then how close NH is to having 11DMW, and if so, how much of that is used. To survive negative events we suggest that no more than 80-85% of the maximum 11 DMW be used.

Here is OP from a box that is getting full. It has near 80% of the 11 DMW maximum allocated and of that, its 84% full.

Regards

NPC7(gallon vty)# sho jnh 0 poo usage
EDMEM overall usage:
[NH//////////////////|FW////////|CNTR///////////|HASH////////////|ENCAPS////|--------]
0                    8.0        12.0            18.0             24.7       28.8     32.0M

Next Hop
[*******************************************************************|------------] 8.0M (84% | 16%)

Firewall
[*|------------------|RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR] 4.0M (3% | 97%)