[j-nsp] [JUNK] Re: Moving onto EX2300

Jason Healy jhealy at logn.net
Wed Sep 20 20:46:19 EDT 2017

On Sep 20, 2017, at 2:18 PM, Chris Morrow <morrowc at ops-netman.net> wrote:

> I found the 3400's are painfully different from 3300/3200's.. with
> respect to vlans, trunks and access port assignment into said
> vlans.. and actually getting traffic to traverse a trunk port to an
> access port.

Amen.  I've finally written a commit script that allows me to assign roles to ports and then sets the correct config options depending on platform.  That's making my life a little easier.

> this coupled with what seems a requirement to enable an IRB interface
> to attach the management ip address to seems ... wonky.

What's this one?  I don't remember having to do that part on my switch.  That said, I'm currently hunting down some weird disconnect issues on my 3400s so maybe I do...

Jason