[j-nsp] logical system in production - MX960

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon Sep 25 08:10:47 EDT 2017

A few questions about logical systems. related to a new 5-node MX960 100 gig
ring.

Do you all use logical systems in your production environment ?

Do you contain your core P functions inside of an lsys ?

Is the master/hosting lsys completely absent of any and all provider routes,
and does it only contain a simply management interface (fxp) and not much
more than that ?

If you were deploying a 5-node MX960 mpls core for an ISP, would you deploy
lsys's from the start and put the core routing inside an lsys ?

I use lsys in my lab mx104 and have all p/pe/ce/c functions inside lots of
different lsys's.. but now I want to know how everyone uses lsys for
production as mentioned above.

-Aaron Gould