[j-nsp] deactivate routing-options forwarding-table

craig washington craigwashington01 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 12:45:52 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I am going through some configurations on some of our routers and noticed one router has the below command on it:

"deactivate routing-options forwarding-table"

Trying to understand what this command is actually doing as the forwarding table has routes and the router is working as expected.

Will activating this cause a service disruption?

I do see where it looks like an export policy was applied but there is nothing in it

"set routing-options forwarding-table export exp-to-fwd"

show configuration policy-options policy-statement exp-to-fwd (no output)

show configuration | display set | match exp-to-fwd (only thing found)
set routing-options forwarding-table export exp-to-fwd

My overall intention is to add a load balance policy to the device but saw this so I wanted to investigate.